If you read my post about Granola Biscuits, you’ll know why I decided to go on another adventure with this granola.
As for the cake, yes you can make it without the granola but you’ll be missing a lot, and I mean a lot!
When you bake this cake, don’t forget to do two things. One, let me know how you liked it, two, please share the recipe with your family and friends they will thank you for it. This cake tastes even better the next day.
You can buy the Golden Girl Granola from Fairway Markets, and don’t forget to check out the Giveaway of Golden Girl Granola here.
Now let’s get baking.
Afternoon Tea Cake
Serves 10 – 12. 208 calories per serving (if serving 10)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup chocolate decadence granola
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180C.
- Grease and flour 8×8 baking pan, or line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour with salt and baking powder, set aside.
- In a bowl, beat butter with sugar until lighter in color and well combined.
- Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
- Add the milk and mix gently.
- Take 1/3 of the batter and mix with granola.
- Spoon a dollop from the batter beside a dollop from the granola batter, creating kind of check board.
- Use a butter knife and make three figure 8s. This will distribute the granola in a nice way.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the cake. Over baking this cake will make it dry, it’ll still taste good though.
- Cool on cooling rack.