In my humble opinion, people love pancakes because not only it’s fluffy and light like a cake, but you can change its flavor by drizzling it with your favorite syrup, honey, chocolate sauce, or even serve it with fruits. Oh, and let’s not forget the butter.
To be creative with pancakes, all you have to do is think of it as a cake, every flavor you can add to a cake, you can add the same flavor or even ingredients in pancake. This Gingerbread pancake tastes like Gingerbread cookies.
You have to be careful when making the pancake batter, do not to over mix it, otherwise you won’t get a fluffy and light pancake.
Makes 8 pancakes. 107 calories per pancake.
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Keep aside.
– In a different bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
– Pour the dry ingredients on the wet, and whisk gently. Do not over mix, and if there are few lumps do not worry about them.
– Heat the pan (I used non-stick pan), add 1/4 cup from the batter in the pan, keep the heat medium low.
– When bubbles appear on the top of the pancake and the bottom is light brown, flip the pancake and cook on the other side for one or two minutes.
– Serve hot, with your favorite toppings.
Note:Calories calculated for this Gingerbread pancake do not include the fruit, butter, and honey shown in the pictures.