Don’t look at this Mushroom and Rice recipe as a side dish, it’s so delicious you’d eat a lot and will want more. One pot recipe, easy to make and the cleanup is a breeze! I have some great tips to make this delight extra special so keep on reading.
To Make Mushroom and Rice Super Yummy and Easy:
- If you want the onion to be caramelized quickly, sprinkle a pinch of salt over the sliced onion and mix well. After a minute, pat dry the sliced onion using a paper towel, this will take out most of the moisture in the onion and it will caramelize quickly.
- Add the onion to the oil only when the oil is hot, otherwise, the onion will turn soggy and will take a longer time to caramelize.
- Cook the onion on high heat and stir continually to avoid it from getting burnt.
- Use a damp kitchen towel or paper towel to clean the mushrooms. Washing the mushrooms with water will not allow it to caramelize properly and will not have a meaty texture.
- Soak the rice in warm water for 20 minutes, this step reduces the cooking time and the rice won’t stick together.
Mushroom and rice is a perfect side dish, and you can serve it with your favorite juicy steak, or baked chicken breast. In my house, we enjoy it with some salad on the side. This dish is not only filling but have great flavor. The mushroom is cooked perfectly and have a meaty texture, you’ll never miss the meat.
I have used button mushrooms, but you can use any type available to you. I have made another vegetarian dish that you might find interesting, it is called Mujadara, it is another vegetarian dish that I love so much and enjoy at least one time a week.
If you have mushrooms and wondering what to make for dinner, look no further, run to the kitchen and make this outstanding mushroom and rice.
Let’s make Mushroom and Rice!
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Arinacooking.com