I enjoy making Oven Baked Chicken and Rice, it’s a quick dish to make, and I can take care of other chores and not stand in the kitchen the whole time. This chicken and rice recipe is my go-to dinner when there are so much to do around the house or on my blog. With not much effort you will enjoy tender seasoned chicken, over fluffy and flavorful rice! Watch the video for the tutorial.
Easy Chicken and Rice Recipe
The whole process takes place in the oven, and because we are using cubes of chicken thighs, the flavor of the spices and the peppers are tasted in every bite, the chicken is tender and is baked to perfection.
After making this recipe, you will be able to add your touch to it, with your favorite spices and vegetables. You can turn this chicken and rice recipe into a seafood recipe but don’t use this recipe with red meat. Red meat requires a longer cooking time.
Follow these steps for perfect Oven baked chicken and rice
- Use long-grain rice; it has less starch and will come out fluffy. I found the best result when soaking the rice 20 minutes before cooking on stovetop or baking.
- Always preheat the oven, preheating the oven to the right temperature makes the food cook faster and evenly.
- Instead of water and for more flavor, you can use chicken stock but make sure it is boiling when you pour it over the rice.
- I have used cubes of skinless chicken thighs, but you can use chicken wings instead. Do not use chicken thighs or breast with skin on, the chicken will release a lot of oil, and the chicken and rice will come out greasy.
- When using chicken breast, bake the chicken breast for 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes. Overcooking the chicken breast will make it dry.
Adding more flavor to your oven baked chicken and rice
It is not necessary but will add more flavor to this chicken and rice dish. In a saucepan add a tablespoon of butter and when it melts add one crushed garlic. Sauté the garlic for few seconds without burning it or allowing it to turn light brown.
Remove the garlic from the butter. Pour the flavored butter over the chicken and rice and mix. Mmmmm, Yum!
More Chicken and rice recipes:
This page may contain affiliate links, which pay me a small commission
For my referral at no extra cost to you.
Thanks for supporting Arinacooking.com